Gad Saad & Jordanian Activist Mohammed Alkhadra
This is yet another thoughtful discussion between two people whose positions we can easily understand and (hopefully) empathise with. Listen to this man talk about his experiences leaving Islam and his opinion of the West - the West which is so taking for granted its freedoms and is in the process of rapidly losing those freedoms.
Mohammed Alkhadra promotes free speech to an extreme. He also encourages us with his stories of how open to free speech many Middle Eastern Muslims are to Western freedoms & intellectual enquiry. Gad was led to interview him through seeing a video of Mr Alkhadra speaking at a conference on Secularism. This is linked to at the end of this post. It is a short 10 minute clip which is very powerful. In it he says that: "While we die there (when we leave Islam) all you think about is Islamophobia". Why do we permit Sharia Courts and Sharia compliant Faith schools here? Why are we surrendering our freedoms while ex-Muslims are giving up their lives?
He pleads with us not to be silent when our very foundational freedoms are under attack.
Topics covered include:~
- The guest states that Muslims are either "activists or supporters" of Sharia. This idea of "moderate" or "fundamentalist" is amiss;
- he warns westerners who are unaware of the threat from Islam, including the encroachments on free speech and "Islamophobic" laws and motions - like Canada's M103. Trying to one day walk back these laws & motions will lead to Muslims feeling aggrieved and beleaguered which will lead to even more problems and violence;
- Portraying Islam as a race is leading to the death of our freedom of speech;
- don't give up on the battle of ideas to an enemy who would not give any ground to you if they were in your place;
- 3 ways for Islam to conquer the West are mentioned - Demography, immigration & using your miserable freedoms against us (this one per the Muslim Brotherhood's Strategic plan for America);
- the non-distinction between Islam and "Islamism": Islam=Islamism=Political Islam;
- the classical Islamic distinction between the House of Islam (the Dar al-Islam) lands dominated by Islam and the House of War (the Dar al-Harb, those are the places where non-Muslims dominate - that means you kafir);
- he has an interesting story about being afraid to display that he is an ex-Muslim in London;
- he notes that if, as is often & somewhat pathetically argued, the "extremist" leaders that have dedicated their lives to understanding & preaching Islam do not understand Islam and are not true Muslims then what about the Qur'an or the Hadith? These are full of troubling things - if they don't represent Islam then nothing does;
- it is not necessary to understand classical Arabic as the Qur'an is given as a clear book that Allah says is easy to understand - so the argument that such passages are being misunderstood will not hold up with real Islamic scholars;
- the popular Arab understanding of the "filthy" Jews as it arises from the religion of Islam - very valuable insights from a local on the Middle Eastern Muslim mindset for international relations today;
- the guest notes that wherever Islam spreads in strength freedoms are eroded or vanish;
- they discuss a solution to importing "refugees" that may later become "radical" or whose children may become "radical" (orthodox);
- the Middle East however is becoming more secular while the West is becoming Islamised!;
- the guest is so keen on free speech that he even wants hate preachers to be free to publicly promote hate so that we can all see it and decide what to do in response;
- he discusses how his family have responded to his leaving the Faith (and is therefore doomed to Hell). Leaving Islam makes a person "immoral", making life for women who leave the Faith particularly precarious due to the assumed immorality of the woman and consequent loss of honour for the family;
- "We are dying and all you think about is Islamophobia"
Lots of interesting and valuable insights from a man with a perspective as an ex-Muslim.
Mohammed's address at the Secular 2017 conference is HERE
Mohammed's Twitter account: @Alkhadra69