Some highlights from the Imam:~
- The Imam said of Tommy Robinson when he first encountered him: "You knew what you were talking about" regarding Islam;
- "I know very well there will never be a Reformation of Islam...but we need to pave the way for a Reformation in a few centuries time";
- "I am against Halal Certification...some money goes to jihad";
- "How many Muslims [are moderate] like me? 5 Million [worldwide]";
- "Why can't I introduce another interpretation of the Qur'an?" (Graeme: perhaps because such an interpretation would not be based on scholarly precedent? As this wonderful man rejects the Hadith entirely he is rejecting the entire historical structure through which the Qur'an is understood. That's the problem.);
- The Imam denies merely practicing Taqiyya by saying true Islam is peaceful;
- The political leaders in London (such as Mayor Sadiq Khan) and the British government (such as Theresa May) are incapable of leading their people in the face of the threat of Islam;
- "The Left are the real bigots, not the Right" - now this is a very interesting statement;
- "I would stop all Madrassas in Western countries".
The man is well educated in his religion, an ex-"radical" and daily risks his life to warn about the problems in Islam. The least we could do is give him a few minutes to hear what he has to say.
"Tommy Robinson" interviews Imam Tawhidi. Both excellent blokes and an extremely informative discussion - 51 minutes.