. . . once and for all
Robert Spencer has 5 simple steps to wipe out the plague of Islamophobia forever.
Where is the program to combat the spread of the jihad ideology among Muslims?
Here is how they can accomplish it. [People should] call upon Muslim individuals and groups to:
1. Focus their indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.
2. Renounce definitively, sincerely, honestly, and in deeds, not just in comforting words, not just “terrorism,” but any intention to replace Western constitutions (or the constitutions of any non-Muslim state) with Sharia even by peaceful means. In line with this, clarify what is meant by their condemnations of the killing of innocent people by stating unequivocally that non-Muslim civilians, including Israelis, are innocent people, teaching accordingly in mosques and Islamic schools, and behaving in accord with these new teachings.
3. Teach, again sincerely and honestly, in transparent and verifiable ways in mosques and Islamic schools, the imperative of Muslims coexisting peacefully as equals with non-Muslims on an indefinite basis, and act accordingly.
4. Begin comprehensive international programs in mosques all over the world to teach sincerely, and again transparently, against the ideas of violent jihad and Islamic supremacism.
5. Actively and honestly work with Western law enforcement officials to identify and apprehend jihadists within Western Muslim communities.
If Muslims did those five things, voila! “Islamophobia” would vanish!
How hard would it be to implement these steps? They don't seem to involve Muslims doing anything more than genuinely ensuring that what is preached and done is in line with what they tell us ad nauseam their Faith teaches anyway.
So how could there possibly be any sort of obstacle to Islamic institutions themselves destroying "Islamophobia" forever?
See, that was easy to sort out wasn't it? It's up to them to fix this, not us.
Now let's see who's really serious about having a good relationship.