Pretty darn bad
But for now let us welcome(!) Mr Trump into a job that we all hope will enable him to clean up the wreckage left by Mr Obama in the Middle East and the greater Muslim world. We must pause to consider Mr Obama's legacy. Robert Spencer published the below article a couple of hours before Mr Trump was sworn in. He writes, of course, from an American perspective and from a Conservative point of view but I agree entirely with his points.
If there was one more item I would add to the eminent Mr Spencer’s list of carnage it would be Mr Obama's incomprehensible support for both the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and the "Arab Spring" (remember his first overseas visit included Egypt where he insisted the MB be present at a rally he held in Cairo. As the Ikhwan was an illegal organisation in Egypt at the time this meant that President Mubarak was unable to attend his own function). It was from this ignominious beginning we proceeded to watch the so-called "Arab Spring" unfold, again strongly supported by Mr Obama, which led to the death of many tens of thousands and the displacement of millions and all that meant - including the migrant crisis, particularly in Europe.
It is going to take quite some time to clean up this awful mess - and nothing can bring back the Arab men, women and children of the Middle East & North Africa who paid for idiotic Western meddling with their lives. Tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of lives. Apparently considered necessary collateral damage by Western leaders as they assisted the Arab world in its march towards "democracy and liberty" only to watch as the more Orthodox elements of the followers of the prophet took control and implemented Shariah Law in all its purity & vileness. Libya is a basket case; Egypt only narrowly escaped the Ikhwan turning it into another Saudi Arabia; Iraq is a divided mess and Syria a tragedy.
All pretty predictable - to some of us at least.
As I have said before, if we were to have contrived a plan deliberately designed to destabilise the entire Arab (and Persian) world we could not have done much better than what actually occurred. We should all pray that Mr Trump has the insight, the assistance and the will to bring healing to an area which could likely otherwise become the cradle of WW4*.
Why Barack Obama is the worst President in the history of the United States
Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch.
Just over two hours remain in the most disastrous presidency in American history, but our long national nightmare won’t be over at noon today. That’s because Barack Hussein Obama has planted seeds that will be bearing bitter fruit for years, and probably decades, to come. Here are a few of his most ignominious accomplishments:
1. Removing all mention of Islam from counter-terror training, and denying that Islamic texts and teachings have any role in inciting jihad terrorists to commit acts of violence. Given Trump’s repeated upbraiding of Obama and Hillary Clinton during the campaign for their refusal even to say “radical Islam,” there is reason to be confident that Trump will once again allow our law enforcement and intelligence officials to study the motivating ideology of the jihad terrorists, which is an indispensable prerequisite to defeating them. However, large organizations such as the FBI, the CIA, the DHS and others don’t turn on a dime; Obama has made for an institutional culture of denial and political correctness that is now deeply embedded. All too many FBI agents and others who should know better think that the best thing they can do when confronted with a terror-tied mosque is conduct “outreach” and reassure the Muslims there of their good will. Investigate it? Heavens to betsy, that would be “Islamophobic.” Attempts by Trump to ensure that the enemy ideology is indeed confronted realistically will be met with fierce resistance from with the law enforcement and intelligence agencies themselves.
It is also likely that these agencies have been thoroughly infiltrated with Muslim Brotherhood operatives who won’t be so easily displaced; that infiltration had already started during the George W. Bush administration (when, for example, the Pentagon’s sole expert on Islamic law, Major Stephen Coughlin, was dismissed at the behest of a Muslim Brotherhood-linked official), but under Obama, it has galloped ahead, with any concern about it dismissed as “Islamophobia.”
2. Inundating the U.S. with Muslim migrants. Obama didn’t bring Muslim migrants to the U.S. at the rate that his friend Angela Merkel brought them to Germany, but his administration consistently showed a decided preference for Muslims over non-Muslim migrants: it was clearly more interested in social engineering than refugee relief. And so there is an unknowable number of Islamic jihadis now inside the United States, who came in with these migrants. They have supposedly been vetted by Obama administration officials, but how can those officials vet for jihadist tendencies when they don’t even admit that there is a jihad? How can they possibly know what to look for? San Bernardino jihad murderer Tashfeen Malik was thoroughly vetted: she passed five separate background checks from five different U.S. agencies. So among these “vetted” refugees is any number of ticking time bombs. What’s more, even among those who will never mount a jihad attack are many who come with a ready-made model of society and governance, Sharia, that they consider superior to any system of government devised by Infidels. As those Muslim migrants begin to make clear their determination to live by what they think to be the law of Allah rather than manmade law, there will be increasing conflict and civil strife. And all of it will bear the imprimatur of Barack Hussein Obama.
3. Betraying Israel. Resolution 2334 legitimized the United Nations’ vendetta against Israel, but it was just the culmination o eight years of Obama’s thinly veiled contempt for Israel and constant presumption that the Jewish state was the sole obstacle to peace, and the sole party that had to make concessions. Obama has given the jihad against Israel a standing and foundation in international law that will make its efforts to defend itself all the more difficult. Trump has vowed to roll all this back; it won’t all be rolled back completely, however, unless his administration challenges the very legitimacy of the Palestinian jihad, and acknowledges its maximalist and genocidal intent.
4. Showering hundreds of billions of dollars on the Islamic Republic of Iran. The definition of treason is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. The leaders of the Islamic Republic of Iran order their people to chant “Death to America” in mosques every Friday, and repeatedly vow that they will ultimately destroy the United States of America and the state of Israel. How is giving them billions not treason? Other Presidents have been incompetent, corrupt, dishonest, but which has committed treason on a scale to rival the treason of Barack Hussein Obama?
The Iranians also operate a global network of jihad terror organizations, one of which, Hizballah, is quite active in Mexico now, with the obvious ultimate intention of crossing the border and committing jihad massacres of Americans. Obama has given a tremendous boost to these initiatives, as well as to Iran’s nuclear program, with his nuclear deal that has given the Iranians hundreds of billions of dollars and essentially a green light to manufacture nuclear weapons, in exchange for absolutely nothing.
There is no telling when the worst consequences of Obama’s aid and comfort to the Islamic Republic of Iran will be felt. But they likely will be felt in one way or another. Even if Trump moves swiftly to restore sanctions and put Iran on notice that its nuclear activity and global adventurism will not be tolerated, those billions cannot be recovered, and they will be spent. And they will be spent in ways intended to harm the U.S. and its allies.
The Leftist world order that created a world in which concessions to and remuneration of an avowed enemy, combined with betrayal of and contempt for an ally, were considered wise and prudent moves is now in its death throes, and it cannot vanish from the scene quickly enough. But it isn’t going to go quietly. The legacy of its patron and foremost exponent, Barack Hussein Obama, will be the chaos, havoc, death and destruction that it has yet to cause.
* World War 3 was the Cold War. That was a draw. It destroyed the Communist Bloc but weakened the West morally to the point where we face extinction.