Why? What's wrong with Islam?
These two men so sensitively & warmly engage with the issues and the people I know you can't help but be moved as well as learn a great deal.
The topics touched on include:~
- how Islamic doctrine contradicts much natural good within the human heart;
- how orthodox Islamic doctrine affects the culture and worldview of all Muslims - yet they also deal with how Muslims as people are distinct from Islam itself;
- the place of the Qur'an, Hadith, Sira;
- Sharia Law and it's stark contrast to Western Laws (you can buy the Reliance of the Traveller here);
- Western apologists who lie about Islam;
- "Cafeteria" Islam - where one picks only the parts of Islam one likes and ignores the unpleasant parts;
- the fact that Muhammad led 83 war raids (there's an unpleasant part);
- the peculiar & unthinking approach of the majority of Westerners towards Islam - why won't they study?;
- distinguishing between symptoms and root causes of problems with Muslims;
- How, as Muslims, people are obliged to extend the hegemony of Islam throughout the Earth - it is not a personal Faith;
- Turkey's President Erdogan;
- How to sensitively call jihad "Islamic" and not "Islamist" - Islam is Islam irrespective of how little or much any individual Muslim follows it;
- how patronising Westerners take it upon themselves to define what is & what is not "real Islam" and who is & who is not a "real Muslim";
- bravely seeking dialogue and not waiting for things to get so bad that we fall apart;
- the large amount of Muslims around the world leaving Islam - Brother Rashid sees millions doing so in the coming years & discusses how the world might change;
- the future of the Muslim world - its loss of confidence and the demographic drop of population growth below replacement rate in many Muslim countries;
- Is a Reformation of Islam possible? (the answer is a resounding "no");
- the hope offered by the "natural selection of ideas";
- how to cope with an influx of migrants who have a hostile worldview to the West's;
- should we choose migrants based on religion - why not help the genuine persecuted minorities come here?;
- Islam as an ideology cloaked with the cover of a religion and how to combat this poisonous ideology;
- what the term kafir really means and why it matters (to be called a kafir is to receive a death sentence);
- Islam is as bad as Nazism and Communism (interesting point that we wouldn't put up with Nazi doctrine here if it simply instituted prayers and called itself a religion);
- why do we put up with preaching promoting violence from Imams in the West?
Great bridge-building stuff. I loved it and I think you will too. Video of 75 minutes and such a good investment of time.
Here is Brother Rashid's English language website and here is his Arabic language site.
My Chat with Ex-Muslim Televangelist Brother Rachid.
Topics covered include his religious conversion, Islamic texts, immigration, and reformation among other issues.